ADS

Miyerkules, Hunyo 18, 2014

Review: Soneva Spa

On Monday after dinner with PBNet and Mini Cooper folks I went to Soneva Spa to try out their Hot Stone Massage. 

I usually choose a combination massage whenever I go to a spa but this time it was different, it's an interesting kind of massage and the way I see it in pictures I think there is something that I should try about these stones.

Thanks for a fairy godmother for introducing me to Soneva, a spa in Tomas Morato which is a stairway to heaven. Good for me because I woke up in the morning with a mild pain at the right part of my back.

My massage
My first time to try a stone massage in my whole adventure of exploring different spas along Manila. In Soneva Spa, it's called Hot Stone Massage, and from the word itself the therapist rubs hot stones to one's body.


I met this female therapist who has been working in Soneva since 2006, her name is Nean and she' s in her early 30's. We had this funny rapport before the start of the massage.

Me: Anong name mo ate? 
Therapist: Nean po
Me: Saan ang province mo?
Therapist: Sa Capiz po
Me: OMG! Scary naman :-)
Therapist: Hindi naman po :-)

The Service
Very recommendable. Out of my many experiences in going to spa, it is rare to find a therapist who's expert in giving a total body relief. I am adding Nean of Soneva Spa to my list of recommended therapists. Because she knows to put the right amount of pressure into one's body and she does not need to ask 'Soft or Hard?'


That amount of pressure
The way she puts body pressure is impressive, she does in a very slow manner until it reaches the right amount then that's the time she asks if it is okay or needs to decrease the amount of pressure. Her hands are adaptable, I have body parts that are pasmado but the sweat was gone after she presses the pressure point. She is good in removing a back-pain without telling that feeling to her. She's like a psychic who knows what a patient feels inside.

The Price
Hot Stone Massage 1 hr - 807, 1.5 hr - 967
True that it's pricy for a massage but it's really a quality service. And when your goal is to get rid of your bodypain you've come to the right place.

The Oil
They have different scents, all organic natural oil: Nirvana, Terajana, Hadriyana and Himayana. My therapist used Nirvana.

*I am not sure if you have the option to choose from them or there is none. But guaranteed all are organic.

My Verdict:
Ratings: 4.5/5
Lobby Area: Feel at home and it's like a cafe
CR:  Enough Space
Shower: Functional Hot and Cold


Massage Room: Very comfortable
Bed: The size is right
Linen: very clean and it smells good
Locker: Yes
Towel: medyo luma na but still ok
Robe: soft and smooth
Therapist: very good service

The good thing about their locker is placed beside the bed so you can just leave your things and shoes there and be confident about it's safety.

Hot Towel: None
Dry Sauna: None
Parking: Yes it can accommodate cars but shares with other customers.
Home Service: None
Free Wi-Fi: Yes and its fast
Socket: Yes and secured
Masseur Type: Female only
Signature: Signature Soneva
Extra Service: None

My Overall Experience: Very Satisfied! I shall return to avail the Top 3 recommended massage in Soneva Spa
Bestsellers are:


  • Soneva Signature Massage - 1 hr. 20 mins. - Php 767.00


  • Soneva Elemental Jade Stone Massage

                                             1.5 hrs. - Php 1,217.00
                                             2 hrs. - Php 1,567.00

  • Hot Stone Massage

                                             1 hr. - Php 807.00
                                             1.5 hrs. - Php 956.00

For more photos visit my flickr album https://www.flickr.com/photos/thewebmagazine/sets/72157645236296765

3 komento:

Please do not leave a spam comment!